|Job Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
|The Program Coordinator, leads the operational functions of program management, for helping to further grow the network to a new phase, oversees the coordination of all aspects of ongoing and new programs including; planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. WHRDN-U has a great mission and we are looking for someone That is passionate passion, creative or flexible and adaptable.
The Program Coordinator, shall be responsible, but not limited to the following duties:
· Actively secure adequate resources and ensure a diverse funding base for WHRDN-U
· Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services to the organizations and WHRDs at risk or under threat
· Track proven record and experience in writing winning proposals and have experience in securing funds.
· Maintaining productive working relationships with donors and partners
2.Implementing & Managing programs:
· Take lead in the overall formulation of projects and programs and development of the program and fundraising strategies using the WHRDN-U’s Feminist Holistic Protection frame work for WHRDs.
· Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
· Supervising overall implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all programs undertaken by WHRDN-U
· Supervising and implementing general administration following organizational policies;
· Monitoring and analyzing legal and political developments, human rights and rule of law and security and safety situation of Women Human Rights Defender in different regions in Uganda.
· Responsible for the implementation of communication and Advocacy activities of WHRDNU-
· Participate in the implementation of capacity building and Protection & Rapid Response activities
· Ensures compliance with and implementation of all donor –related and project specific-policies
· Briefing and position papers for management, Board members, partners and donors
· Responsible for developing program management schedules, activity plans, and monitoring and evaluation criteria against program goals as well as recommending reviews and proposals to ensure that program activities address actual needs.
· Actively participate and represent the organization in various meetings, seminars, workshops etc to share WHRDN-U’s perspectives on various issues
· Oversee the performance and supervise program staff, volunteers and consultant’s/resource persons
· Have strategic oversight on content and finances to ensure that program goals are met
· Serve as a member of the Management Committee of WHRDN-U
· In consultation with the Accountant oversee the development of an institutional budget and operating plan for the different programmatic areas of capacity building, protection and emergency support, advocacy and networking.
· Supervising with the entire program team, including planning and organizing events, trainings and workshops
· Developing new programs and resource mobilization to support the strategic direction of the organization Creating and managing long-term goals.
· Support the recruitment, inductions, appraisals, salary planning, staff benefits, staff development and training:
Qualifications and Experience
Outstanding candidates have
· Must be a Woman Rights Activists, and strongly believes in Feminists and passionate about women’s rights and gender equality.
· Master’s degree in human rights, law, social sciences, political science or related field from accredited academic institution with a minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in program/project management, Good conceptual and analytical capacity, very good budgeting, project management and report writing skills.
· Strategic fundraising experience that includes developing and maintaining donor relationships
· Capacity to coordinate projects, organize and lead the implementation of plans and processes
· Staff management and Team work
· Very good budgeting, project management and report writing skills
Highly desirable attributes, skills and competencies
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong time management and coordination skills.
· Planning and organizing
Ideally, the person hire is
· Is able to work under pressure & independently to meet deadlines
· Innovative and flexible
· Able to manage change and complicated operational environment and network dynamics
· Commitment to and experience with feminism, women’s rights, human rights, intersectional analysis,
· Proven track record and experience in management and programming, coalition or network related to gender/women’ rights, GBV programming
· Ability and willingness to travel across the country
Compensation: Salary to be determined, based on experience
|How to apply:
The positions will be held in Kampala Uganda with frequent travels with in the country. Applicants should send a one-pager letter of Motivation-explaining how you meet the qualifications and outlining why you want to work for WHRDN-U)., CV, and contacts of three referees ( Two of these must have supervised you directly either currently or recently in executing above duties ) , to firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone calls please) to Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U) not later than 4th May April 2023 at 5:00pm, addressed to the Executive Director.
ONLY short listed candidates shall be contacted. Do not send scanned copies of certificates.
Please specify the position in the subject line of your email.
For more information , please visit www.whrdnuganda.org
|NOTE: ONLY FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PREFFERED FOR ALL POSITIONS|
The Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U) is a nationwide membership organization of diverse women human rights defenders (WHRDs), organizational and individuals. We currently represent over 148 WHRDs from diverse social movements in Uganda promoting the rights of women defenders to a safe and secure work environment with a vision of having a society where fundamental human rights are upheld and respected. We exist to promote a feminist holistic approach integrating a gender perspective as a frame work for protection of WHRDs, We aim to provide WHRDs with access to gender-sensitive and timey protection and empowerment resources, tools to combat gender-based and other forms of violence connected to their work. . WHRDN-U is hereby seeking to recruit competent and vibrant Ugandans to fill in the following positions.
|Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
|Overview of Position. WHRDN-U is seeking an experienced, Finance and Administration Manager who will be responsible for managing the full spectrum of WHRDN-U’s including; monthly accounting cycle, budgets and monitoring, funder finances and grant reporting, year-end, audit and other related functions. This is a senior-level, hands-on position requiring an organized and experienced individual who has excellent judgement, problem-solving and analytic skills, can work independently and has experience working in a complex non-profit funding environment. In addition to carrying out day-to-day financial work, the Senior Finance Officer will bring expertise on financial systems, policy, and controls. They will be flexible, adaptable and willing to take on a range of tasks when needed.
Financial systems and controls
Values, competencies, skills and experience
· A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a senior-level finance and leadership role; solid understanding of and hands-on experience with full-cycle accounting;
· Extensive experience with non-profit, fund-based budgeting and monitoring, and preparation of funder reports;
· Proven experience as a problem-solver, with good analytical skills, judgment and ability to think strategically; discretion and ability to handle confidential matters;
· Experience using the following software: i) QuickBooks online; ii) Excel (intermediate skill level); iii) Proficiency with and understanding of databases; iv) online apps or programs for payments, payroll, expenses, Google suite;
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision to meet multiple deadlines, at times under pressure;
· Post-graduate education, preferably in accounting; related courses in financial management, bookkeeping is an asset;
· A commitment to women’s human rights and social justice;
· Experience working with multiple currencies and foreign exchange is an asset;
· Knowledge of Ugandan n Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit organizations is an asset.
Compensation: Salary to be determined, based on experience,
Network Uganda (WHRDN-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
WomenHumanRightsDefenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U), is a registered not for profit national network with a membership of more than 97 women organizations and individuals. The WHRDN-U, was founded in 2017 by women defenders to promote a feminist holistic approach integrating a gender perspective, focusing on building
supportive networks and coordination among WHRDs from diverse social movements
and causes in Uganda. Thereby building the capacity for protection of WHRDs,
offering protection and emergency response for WHRDs at risk, and Advocacy for
protection of WHRDs.
Job Summary: The Volunteer will support WHRDN-U and should
be willing to join a growing organization. The incumbent will gain experience
in project management at a national feminist organization and take part in
promoting the rights and protection of WHRDs as well as raising the visibility
of the violence and risks WHRDs face.
Main responsibilities and Tasks
- Support with document and story writing of the lived experiences of WHRDs.
- In consultation with the Communications resource person and the Executive Director support with Support with regular dissemination of information to network members.
- organizational digital content creation; pursue visibility for the organization.
- In consultation with the Communications resource person and the Executive Director Support with regular dissemination of information to network members.
- In consultation with the Communications resource person and the Executive Director write articles for publication on website.
- In consultation with the Communication’s resource person support in social media content, internet related campaigns and advocacy
- In collaboration with relevant staff, assist to organize, prepared and facilitate relevant trainings, meetings and engagements for WHRDs
- Assist to organise annual events
- Support in the production of activity reports during events, meetings, trainings.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with members of the Network, partners and partners in Civil society
- Any other duties assigned by the Programs Coordinator in consultation with the Executive Director.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelors’ Degree from accredited institution in any of the areas; Mass communication, social sciences, development studies, Political Sciences or any other related fields
- At least one year of demonstrated experience working with human rights NGOs in communication and program activities
- Result oriented, interesting in learning and recommending new approaches or tech solutions.
- With evidence excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Must have proven interest in reading and researching
- Experience in graphic design
- Ability to organize events and train civil society organizations
- Extensive knowledge of social media and related communication platforms
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Strong organization, communication, Interpersonal and time-management skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and ability to multi-task (very desired)
- Result oriented with good interpersonal skills
- Responsible, flexible, adaptable, and will to travel up country for field work
- Demonstrate commitment feminism principles and end Violence Against Women and, human rights,
- Proven team player
- Proven ability to organize and work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders;
- People-oriented, sociable, approachable, socializing skills, out-going and dynamic
NB: This is a paid volunteer position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interest candidates should send their application letters with
detailed CVs indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been direct
supervisors and addressed to the Executive Director and submitted to
Deadline: 30th April 2023.