|Job Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
|The Program Coordinator, leads the operational functions of program management, for helping to further grow the network to a new phase, oversees the coordination of all aspects of ongoing and new programs including; planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. WHRDN-U has a great mission and we are looking for someone That is passionate passion, creative or flexible and adaptable.
The Program Coordinator, shall be responsible, but not limited to the following duties:
· Actively secure adequate resources and ensure a diverse funding base for WHRDN-U
· Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services to the organizations and WHRDs at risk or under threat
· Track proven record and experience in writing winning proposals and have experience in securing funds.
· Maintaining productive working relationships with donors and partners
2.Implementing & Managing programs:
· Take lead in the overall formulation of projects and programs and development of the program and fundraising strategies using the WHRDN-U’s Feminist Holistic Protection frame work for WHRDs.
· Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
· Supervising overall implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all programs undertaken by WHRDN-U
· Supervising and implementing general administration following organizational policies;
· Monitoring and analyzing legal and political developments, human rights and rule of law and security and safety situation of Women Human Rights Defender in different regions in Uganda.
· Responsible for the implementation of communication and Advocacy activities of WHRDNU-
· Participate in the implementation of capacity building and Protection & Rapid Response activities
· Ensures compliance with and implementation of all donor –related and project specific-policies
· Briefing and position papers for management, Board members, partners and donors
· Responsible for developing program management schedules, activity plans, and monitoring and evaluation criteria against program goals as well as recommending reviews and proposals to ensure that program activities address actual needs.
· Actively participate and represent the organization in various meetings, seminars, workshops etc to share WHRDN-U’s perspectives on various issues
· Oversee the performance and supervise program staff, volunteers and consultant’s/resource persons
· Have strategic oversight on content and finances to ensure that program goals are met
· Serve as a member of the Management Committee of WHRDN-U
· In consultation with the Accountant oversee the development of an institutional budget and operating plan for the different programmatic areas of capacity building, protection and emergency support, advocacy and networking.
· Supervising with the entire program team, including planning and organizing events, trainings and workshops
· Developing new programs and resource mobilization to support the strategic direction of the organization Creating and managing long-term goals.
· Support the recruitment, inductions, appraisals, salary planning, staff benefits, staff development and training:
Qualifications and Experience
Outstanding candidates have
· Must be a Woman Rights Activists, and strongly believes in Feminists and passionate about women’s rights and gender equality.
· Master’s degree in human rights, law, social sciences, political science or related field from accredited academic institution with a minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in program/project management, Good conceptual and analytical capacity, very good budgeting, project management and report writing skills.
· Strategic fundraising experience that includes developing and maintaining donor relationships
· Capacity to coordinate projects, organize and lead the implementation of plans and processes
· Staff management and Team work
· Very good budgeting, project management and report writing skills
Highly desirable attributes, skills and competencies
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong time management and coordination skills.
· Planning and organizing
Ideally, the person hire is
· Is able to work under pressure & independently to meet deadlines
· Innovative and flexible
· Able to manage change and complicated operational environment and network dynamics
· Commitment to and experience with feminism, women’s rights, human rights, intersectional analysis,
· Proven track record and experience in management and programming, coalition or network related to gender/women’ rights, GBV programming
· Ability and willingness to travel across the country
Compensation: Salary to be determined, based on experience
|How to apply:
The positions will be held in Kampala Uganda with frequent travels with in the country. Applicants should send a one-pager letter of Motivation-explaining how you meet the qualifications and outlining why you want to work for WHRDN-U)., CV, and contacts of three referees ( Two of these must have supervised you directly either currently or recently in executing above duties ) , to email@example.com (No phone calls please) to Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U) not later than 4th May April 2023 at 5:00pm, addressed to the Executive Director.
ONLY short listed candidates shall be contacted. Do not send scanned copies of certificates.
Please specify the position in the subject line of your email.
For more information , please visit www.whrdnuganda.org
|NOTE: ONLY FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PREFFERED FOR ALL POSITIONS|