The Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U) is a nationwide membership organization of diverse women human rights defenders (WHRDs), organizational and individuals. We currently represent over 148 WHRDs from diverse social movements in Uganda promoting the rights of women defenders to a safe and secure work environment with a vision of having a society where fundamental human rights are upheld and respected. We exist to promote a feminist holistic approach integrating a gender perspective as a frame work for protection of WHRDs, We aim to provide WHRDs with access to gender-sensitive and timey protection and empowerment resources, tools to combat gender-based and other forms of violence connected to their work. . WHRDN-U is hereby seeking to recruit competent and vibrant Ugandans to fill in the following positions.
|Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
|Overview of Position. WHRDN-U is seeking an experienced, Finance and Administration Manager who will be responsible for managing the full spectrum of WHRDN-U’s including; monthly accounting cycle, budgets and monitoring, funder finances and grant reporting, year-end, audit and other related functions. This is a senior-level, hands-on position requiring an organized and experienced individual who has excellent judgement, problem-solving and analytic skills, can work independently and has experience working in a complex non-profit funding environment. In addition to carrying out day-to-day financial work, the Senior Finance Officer will bring expertise on financial systems, policy, and controls. They will be flexible, adaptable and willing to take on a range of tasks when needed.
Financial systems and controls
Values, competencies, skills and experience
· A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a senior-level finance and leadership role; solid understanding of and hands-on experience with full-cycle accounting;
· Extensive experience with non-profit, fund-based budgeting and monitoring, and preparation of funder reports;
· Proven experience as a problem-solver, with good analytical skills, judgment and ability to think strategically; discretion and ability to handle confidential matters;
· Experience using the following software: i) QuickBooks online; ii) Excel (intermediate skill level); iii) Proficiency with and understanding of databases; iv) online apps or programs for payments, payroll, expenses, Google suite;
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision to meet multiple deadlines, at times under pressure;
· Post-graduate education, preferably in accounting; related courses in financial management, bookkeeping is an asset;
· A commitment to women’s human rights and social justice;
· Experience working with multiple currencies and foreign exchange is an asset;
· Knowledge of Ugandan n Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit organizations is an asset.
Compensation: Salary to be determined, based on experience,