Assistant Project Officer
JOB STATION: WHRDN-U Secretariat, Plot 1789 Old Kira Road Bukoto JOB PROFILE
Assist with planning and implementing capacity building and advocacy projects for WHRDN-U, support the process to form networks at grass root levels to mobilize their support for protection of WHRDs, provide support for the organization’s annual events, workshops etc. Assist to maintain and manage WHRDN-U’s members contact database and list serves, assist in providing mentoring support to WHRDN-U members and regional focal persons on WHRDN-U Feminist protection issues and security and carry out needs assessments for members.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, assist with conducting regular capacity assessments, training needs of Members of WHRDN-U.
- Assist To develop work plans/operationalize plans for the capacity building and advocacy programs
- In collaboration with relevant staff, Assist to organize, prepared and facilitate relevant trainings, meetings and engagements for
- In consultation with relevant staff, assist in planning and implementing the regional networks meetings, annual events and Annual Members General
- In consultation with relevant staff assist in the membership recruitment, development and
- In consultation with relevant staff, assist to conduct regular coaching and mentoring sessions with network members to provide technical input and expertise to support network members and regional focal persons on WHRD protection issues effective and sensitive referrals and case
- In consultation with relevant staff, assist to develop and adapt training materials (handouts, presentations, etc) and tools to monitor effectiveness of trainings, including pre and post –tests.
- In consultation with the relevant staff , assist with monitoring and analysis legal and political developments , human rights and the rule of law and safety of WHRDs in the Country
- In consultation with the ED, work with network members to identify advocacy opportunities and provide support as required by the network members to implement the advocacy initiatives and
- Actively participate and represent the organization in various meetings, seminars, workshops etc to share WHRDN-U’s perspectives on various issues
- In cooperation with the relevant staff, assist to spear head advocacy and lobbying initiatives for laws and policy reform on WHRDs
- Performance of any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications, Skills and experience required
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelors’ Degree in any of the areas ; Development studies, Social Sciences human rights, Political Sciences or any other related fields
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience in related
- Experience in writing project reports, organizing events and workshops, budgeting, developing work plans and project proposal writing, and projects implementation
- Experience working with human rights NGOs
- Experience in managing field work and travel upcountry
- Result oriented with good interpersonal skills
Qualities and competencies of ideal candidate
- Proven ability to work under pressure and multi-task (very desired)
- Demonstrated interest to grow with a young organization
- Responsible, flexible, adaptable, ability to multitask
- Proven community mobilization and facilitation skills
- Demonstrate commitment to end Violence Against Women Prevention and girls women’s rights, feminist principles , human rights, and social justice broadly
- Proven excellent writing and computer literacy skills
- Proven team player
- Proven ability to organize and work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders;
NOTE: ONLY FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PREFERRED FOR THIS POSITION
How to Apply:
- Deadline: 16 March, 2022 at
- Age: Between 22- 34 years
- All interested and qualified persons should be submit their application, CV via email on firstname.lastname@example.org to Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U) addressed to the Executive Director. OR hand delivery to our physical Office: Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda
Plot 1789 Old Kira Road Bukoto, P.O.Box 52 72 Kampala, Telephone: 0414672585
/ 0756457038 for directions.